Frequently Asked Questions or everything you always wanted to know about Capt Hiram's but were afraid to ask. Being here in Sebastian as long as Capt Hiram's has, we do hear the same questions over and over; here are some of the answers.
1. Who is Hiram?
- Capt Hiram's was named in honor of Sergeant Hiram Collins, Tom Collins' Great Uncle, who was killed at Normandy Beach, in World War II.
2. What is Scoop's named for?
- Scoop's Two Drink Top Shelf Premium Bar was named in honor of co-owner Tom Collins' Mom and Dad. During his college days, Ed Collins (Tom's Dad) provided the University of Maryland newspaper with interesting articles about college life. He was known as "Scoop" from that day on.The name "Two Drink" became attached to Tom's Mom as she would always become a little bubbly after two glasses of wine —hence the affectionate name "Two Drink".
3. Why are concerts not scheduled on weekends, only week days?
- To get the quality performing artists we strive to bring in, we have to take the dates that are available during existing tours. Often weekend dates are booked at larger venues or festivals, which enables us to pick up great acts on shoulder dates. Booking weekdays also enables us to keep the costs lower; weekends are always more expensive.
4. Why do some of my favorite menu items go away?
- Our Chef builds our menu based on restaurant favorites and new items that have been tested as Chef's Features. When an item is taken off the menu, normally it is because it does not sell as well, or we can no longer get the product needed to make the item. I'm sure there are new favorites just waiting to be tasted.