Let's Work Together
Capt Hiram's is always looking for good candidates to join our crew. Here you can download an application if you are interested in joining us. Capt Hiram's career opportunities are always changing so please check back often. Capt Hiram's is a Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace.
Line Cooks, Fry, sauté, Grill
Working Kitchen Manager!
To prepare, cook and present food quickly and efficiently. To ensure the smooth running of the kitchen, at all times and to supervise, train and motivate others with the key aim of delivering food to our customers.
- Manage the opening and closing of the kitchen
- Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards
- Assist in keeping the kitchen clean, hygienic and tidy, at all times
- Keep up to date with current promotions and new products
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- When on duty, manage all kitchen-related office administration
- Manage and maintain correct staffing levels
- Identify and take an active role in the recruitment of new staff members
- Use food development plan to improve the sales and profitability and cost control
- Maintain accurate food-ordering and stocking levels, including all kitchen materials
- Manage wastage through correct product measurement
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the management team and Chef
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas including developing a professional attitude.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Hold pre-shift meetings
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and be consistent with corrective action for any and all violations of company policy, rules and procedures.
- Communicate with fellow Managers and staff any issues, concerns, or points of interest.
- Brings energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude to the job, Motivating staff during demanding service periods
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Computer and inter-net literate, POS system
- Prefer candidates with culinary background & food safety certifications
- Flexible schedule, Working on weekends/holidays
- Having a passion for food and culinary skills will help because kitchen managers often determine which items get placed on menus
Capt Hiram's is always looking for good candidates to join our crew. Here you can download an application if you are interested in joining us. Capt Hiram's career opportunities are always changing so please check back often.
Capt Hiram's is a Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace.